Monday, December 7, 2015

How I killed my hunger in days !!!



I used to be hungry all the time, since I remember. I thought it’s only in my head, because I used to starve myself for long periods of time and than eat everything I could put my hand on in my teens and twenties. I never really felt satisfied after a meal or maybe for a couple of hours but not more than 3. Even when I was on a healthy diet and got hungry used to walk into a store and walk out, couldn’t get anything that didn’t had something I can’t eat, like sugar, soy or artificial stuff, so I just get more hungry after seeing all the food I can’t eat :-)).  I used to get really irritable and shaky when my blood sugar went down, felt like could kill for food, the hunger completely toke me over, wasn’t myself, had to apologize for whatever I said when I was hungry :-)). It wasn’t a good feeling, but my biggest problem was, what am I going to eat if I can’t make it home in time?
After about 2-3 days on the Ketogenic diet, by the recommendation of my doctor, I started to notice that my hunger is getting better, I woke up in the morning and wasn’t hungry, can’t remember when I felt that before, used to wake up starving 5 in the morning. If I had 3-4 eggs with a piece of real bacon from Transylvania, which is pure fat, no meat in it whatsoever :-))) I could go for 5-6 hours without even thinking about food or what am I going to eat next time.  After cutting out carbs almost all, only 10% of my daily intake is carb, mostly green leafy vegetables, very small amounts of berries and adding a lot more good, healthy fats to my diet, like avocados, coconut oil, butter, lard, fatty meats, avocado oil and nuts my hunger vanished from one day to the other.
First to week was adaptation week, even though I was on a pretty low carb diet lately I still had more than my body could handle, so cutting even more back lowered my blood sugar and my hunger was gone. Because I have inflammation in my body for six week I have to cut out dairy, nightshades, fermented foods, sugar of course, all grains, pseudo grains, beans, peas, lentils. Basically I live on fats, small amount of protein, meat, eggs, fish and green leafy vegetables for the next 6-week to reset my stomach and get rid of the inflammation in my body.
It amazes me how easy my body adapted to the high fat diet, I literally eat bacon with bacon or bacon with mayo :-))), take down coconut oil by the spoon and cooking everything in lard. Have no stomach issues, no discomfort or anything. When I decided that I am going to eat meat again, after 3 years and 3 months my first meal was lamb on Easter with lots of fat from the lamb meat, I thought that is going to kill me, but nothing happened, didn’t get sick, not even discomfort in my stomach and felt really good after, so I was back on meat from there every day, never had any problems.  So one thing is fore sure, actually two :-))) can’t handle sugar or too much starchy carbs or refined carbs but fat is really good to me ( bacon is good for me :-))) ), almost can eat the lard with a spoon, out of the jar :-)).
3 weeks into the ketogenic diet and 1 week without dairy, too I have to say I am not hungry any more, have no cravings and I didn’t eat dark chocolate in almost 2 weeks, that used to be my weakness. Food and what am I going to eat is not a problem any more, don’t get irritated and emotional so easy, I used to get depressed if I had to much sweets, like a piece of cake on a birthday. Didn’t even realized how much of my behavior, emotions and mood depended on food, I only see it now after making these changes. The only down side of the adaptation to the high fat diet is that I feel some slight pressure in my forehead, usually in the night, but I wouldn’t call that a head ache, it’s not bad at all and actually I can hardly feel it after 3 weeks, so it looks like my body is adapting running on fats instead of sugar, and once that happens I will be unbeatable :-)), nothing and no one can stop me, won’t depend on sugar any more. Weight is going down slowly, have no retained water since I wasn’t on a high sodium diet, so the weight lose is slow and steady but I can see the change in my body composition.
Working out is hard, since I don’t have much sugar in my muscles or liver any more, until my body adapts to using fat for energy, working out will be hard. First two weeks had sore muscles after every work out, which I don’t mind.
Because of the adrenal fatigue I shouldn’t even work out for -6 weeks, only Thai chi or Qigong, so I did my best to  slow myself down , first two weeks took it easy, but I can’t stop myself, I really miss working out, that is my stress relief and substitute for everything else :-)).
If I work out muscles feel really tired, especially legs, hardly can walk up on the stairs, practicing the violin got harder, too but 3 weeks in I can feel that is getting better.

Here is some picture about the meals I eat right now, all home made by me.


Pork belly from the Farmers Market.


More pork belly and pork heart with spinach.


Bone broth and bone marrow.


Eggs and pork sausages from the Farmers Market.


Pork chops with boo choy and cilantro pesto.


Transylvanian real bacon :-))because Bacon is good for me :-))).


Thi is my to go breakfast, 3 eggs, cilantro pesto and wild alaskan salmon.
This will keep me full for 5-6 hours and as you can see its not a big portion.

















No comments:

Post a Comment